Saturday, September 22, 2007

Halloween Project


Fall is almost here! I am soo excited. Fall is my second favorite season {next to summer} and whenever it gets close I start thinking about leaves and pumpkins and pie and spices. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I think most of that has to do with how fun my parents made Halloween for me and my brothers and sister. We loved trick-or-treating and my dad even sewed {yes my dad can sew!} these pumpkinny-orange colored heavy-duty trick-or-treat tote bags for all our candy collecting. My dad had quite a repertoire of costumes that he sewed for me over the years; Tinker Bell, a Mousketeer, a bunny and the the black cat costume I wore like 6 years in a row. Funny how my dad sewed everything, and my mom never did.

Above is a picture of some yummy papers and ribbons I got from the scrapbook store. I was there entirely too long, as usual. I am kind of making the decorations up as I go, but these papers and ribbons will turn into some lovely hanging decorations. We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

Krista said...

You are so creative, I know the craft will be great. Can not wait to see the finished product! How fun that you read my blog. I love hearing from you. I just went through almost all of the favorites on Erika's site to see if I could find you. I am so glad I did. I am also glad that you did not name your blog something starting with a "Z". Finding you would have taken more than the 45 minnutes I just spent. It is hard not to hang out on a site once you are there. Anyway....my point would be, I am glad I found you.

Erika said...

You are amazing. The pile alone is lovely.

Chelsea said...

oh I love it. It makes me want to be there in the scrapbooking store with you...it is so easy to just spend away in that wonderful place. Post pics of the finished products, and if you have any rejects you don't like, you can always send them on up! :)