Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Umm, Can You Repeat That?

Working at Starbucks is a ton of fun! And challenging. There are so many combinations and formulas to remember, and I have only learned teas and Frappuccinos so far. Everyone is super nice and helpful and happy. Weird how they are all so happy. Guess its all the sugar we get to consume for free. They sent me home early tonight which I wasn't too happy about, it kinda defeats the purpose of working a second job with the sole purpose of earning more money. I found out that Billy can get benefits through me too, which is a huge blessing. We pay for our own medical coverage which isn't too bad, but we don't have vision and dental - it is just too expensive. So I am very very thankful that we can get awesome benefits from Starbucks, and just for working 20 hours a week. The first night I worked, at the end of my shift, they tried to load me up with all kinds of pastries and treats that they were going to throw out. I said no to everything (some of that stuff is sooo fattening). except the low-fat blueberry coffee cakes. One for me one for Billy and one for Megan. Megan has been gracious enough to allow me to come over to her house before Starbucks so I can change and do my hair. I am sooo thankful. I am not the super primpy type, but I do like to feel together and neat when I go somewhere and going home is not an option because it is just too far away. Getting ready at my other job would have been tough, there isn't even as much as an outlet for a curling iron in the bathroom. Besides, I am keeping it kind of a secret right now from everyone except Megan of course. I am eager to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can so that I can go there feeling confident that I can be helpful to them. I am excited to be in a fun job environment. Haven't done that in a looonng time.

4 comments:

Erika said...

I am glad it is going well. There is always so much to learn at a new job and you have so many combinations and crazy things to know! I hope you get the Christmas decorations offered to you, too, and that they are as great as last years!

Georgia Woodson said...

Yeah! I will hopefully score some sweet decorations this year, ahh, I wish I lived in Seattle so I could join their design team. I love their designs, and Billy? Billy will just have to get used to that cone tree from Christmas '05 showing up inside our house every holiday season until it falls apart. And the matching wreath too.

Chelsea said...

It sounds like a lot of fun. And it is so true---every time I go into a Starbucks the people are always so nice and friendly! You will have to tell me about some fun drink combinations you come up with. My friend that works at the one in West Portal makes me iced triple shots with mocha, which is good...

Chelsea said...

Hey today I ordered an iced grande nonfat triple shot no whip pumpkin spice latte. HA! I think I am turning into one of THOSE. Dangit!!