Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Blessing In Disguise

Remember my passion for repainting the living room? It was squashed when I started asking people how much they thought it would cost to have a painter paint that whole huge room. After receiving all kinds of pseudo-quotes ranging from $500 to $1,100 I told myself I needed a reality check and drove myself down to the mental health center at Scripps. Well, not really but I was upset - mostly with myself for getting so excited about something that I should have known I couldn't afford. Sure I could do it myself, but those ceilings are high and the very tops of the walls STILL aren't painted from when we moved in LAST MAY. The new color would require a layer of primer underneath for sure, and I am not willing to go though all that work. Not right now anyway. Maybe if I didn't work two jobs and had time so I wouldn't have to pay my bills while eating breakfast and doing my makeup on my morning commute.

Fast forward.

About a week later I got a call from the insurance guy representing the party responsible for the lake in our living room. Apparently the insurance settlement covers a painter to come paint the entire room! I couldn't be more thrilled at the timing of all this. So, we get to paint! And we don't have to pay! God is good. Now to pick a color that won't annoy me after a year...

3 comments:

Erika said...

I am glad you are going to get a free paint job. That is very cool. Maybe Lee can help you pick the color. Although I doubt it will be hard for you to pick the perfect color. You are great at stuff like that!

Chelsea said...

ohhh that is great...I am so glad it worked out, and I can't wait to see the result!!!! P.S. I will be in Carlsbad/Fallbrook 2/22-2/26 maybe we can get lunch or somethin!! miss you..

Krista said...

Too cool!I love Gods plans. I could use some new paint also. If you find the perfect color make sure you share K!