Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Birthday At The Races...

We spent my birthday this year down at the old Del Mar race track bettin' on the ponies. Ahhhhhh nothing better than a Sunday at the races. Here is my big winner, #7 in the fourth race 'World War.' Warm day, wonderful breeze, cold beer, family, beautiful Del Mar...

Come on... you know the old Bing Crosby song... "Where the turf meets the surf, down at old Del Mar... take a train, take a plane, take a car...

...There's a smile on each face, and a winner in each race, where the turf meets the surf.. at Del Mar."

There were lots of hats and next year I am totally getting one. One year I would love to go on the track's opening day where they have the famous hat contest. Just as fun as the hats is all the crazy names of the horses - names like 'My Friend Luis,' 'Desertstormelite,' 'Guns On The Table, 'Tap It Light,' and my favorite - 'Smoocher.'

Birthday number 25 was a good one. See you again soon Del Mar.

The place really is still as cool as ever.

No comments: