Thursday, July 10, 2008

Homemade

Happy Thursday! Ahhh the week is almost over and I am looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday and maybe finally trying to get in the garage, aka the pit. The angle that the wind blows and swirls outside our garage door just traps leaves and dirt terribly. It needs help! I am trying to start buying extra of a lot of grocery and supply items for a little stockpile/garage pantry overflow. I need some cupboards and shelves for this, which I don't have at the moment. If anyone knows anyone who is remodeling a kitchen and is getting rid of old cupboards let me know. I would be happy to come pick them up from whoever has them. Cupboards with doors preferably, dusty cans and boxes of food sends me over the edge. Especially since our garage seems to really attract dirt and leaves.

Last Sunday The Queen brought me a gorgeous jar of homemade plum jam. Amazing! I only slightly wish I didn't know how many cups of sugar the recipe called for... but hey, it's deliciously fresh and I am going to eat it all. I am not really interested in sharing.

A happy green shirt for a happy Thursday. When I was in the store trying it on the color made me nervous. I wanted to prove to myself that I could pull something off that I knew made me nervous so I bought it. Still makes me nervous, but I am dealing.

Have you heard the new Beck single Gamma Ray? Seriously sinister and seriously awesome. You can listen to it here. I love the breathy backwards vocals, gives me an eerie happy feeling.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I like the green and I like the shirt! Totally cute and you look good in it.

And the sugar...do you really want to know? 7 cups. But not all in your jar:) And you only eat a little at a time, right?

Hey Lady! said...

Green is a great color on you with your hair and complexion, you can even pull off chartreuse!