Friday, July 4, 2008

This American Life

Happy 4th of July! Ahhh, to me the 4th marks summer and heat and long days. Today was exceptional, and just what I needed after a long week of work. And I did NOTHING. It was glorious. I even took a nap and ate ice cream. But I guess I do that all the time. Well, the ice cream part anyway! Even though we did nothing today we did manage to cook up a mean dinner.
Yes, that is a bacon wrapped fillet you see in the back there, rosemary garlic mashed potatoes, the famous Woodson Caesar and fresh grilled vegetables basted with herbs and olive oil. Looks massive but it was seriously one of the easiest dinners we have made in a while. And a husband who cooks! I'm never letting this one go!

Just up the street we climbed up a hill and had a spectacular view of Vista's firework show. This year marked 40 years of fireworks for the city of Vista which has the biggest show in all of North County. The fireworks show was awesome tonight, 20 glorious minutes of color bursting in tonights warm, still sky. Ooohhh my favorite are the spiraly white ones that whistle and then explode into twinkles. Haven't seen a show that good in years. It was a wonderful day! Happy 4th everyone!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Your food looks delicious!! Glad you had so much fun:)

Krista said...

Sounds like the perfect day! The food looks amazing....man now I am hungry.

Modern Crush said...

Mmmm it was delicious!

Ruth said...

Yum! Those vegetables seriously look delicious!