Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lookin' Good for Jesus

I was standing in front of the mirror in a bathroom in Fantasy Land. Next to me, a girl of about eight is dressed in a Ariel ensemble, complete with a three foot neon red wig. With arms raised above her head she meticulously smoothed the loose strands of her wig when she looks up at me in the mirror and says with an attitude of absolute bliss mixed with a sigh:

"It's a wild day, isn't it?"

I said "Well, yes, it is a wild day."

"I like your outfit"

"Oh, Thanks" she says, and with that she turns and glides out of the door with a swish of her long red hair.

I couldn't believe no one else was around to witness this, and I looked back in the mirror and just laughed out loud.

This weekend has been a whirlwind of events - eating out, eating out, Disneyland, eating out, the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues, eating out, and more eating out. I don't want to eat out anymore, I want vegetables!!! I love when Brian and Heather come to visit because it means fun! And doing stuff out of the norm, because a visit from your brother and sister in law means you gotta splurge a little. Like this Sudden Death Brownie that we ate at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. My way of justifying it was that we walked around Disneyland all day. What a way to celebrate all that exercise than with Sudden Death. Heheh.

I'll tell you what else is out of the norm. The Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues. There is nothing like participating in the most pathetic attempt on record of a bunch of stiff old white people be-boppin to the moves of a black Gospel choir. They must have been laughing their butts off at us. We all had two left feet, we couldn't even all clap on beat and we looked absolutely ridiculous trying to participate in the show. We were a sight to be seen! I don't think I'd go back.

1 comment:

Hey Lady! said...

But thanks to your "All knowing trusty mirror", you DID look good for Jesus, and isn't that what really matters? "Remember: He sees all. Including smudgy mascara."