Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Jane, Hide!

Early this morning before the sun got up I started to hear thunder in the distance. By 7:30 am, the electrical storm was right above us, sending shivers down my spine with each clap of thunder. Heh, it is such a novelty here in Southern California to have thunder and lightning, we get all excited to spy some lightning through the sky. I'm sure those in the south would call us sissies for getting spooked each time a little thunder rolls around.

Mary Jane has never heard thunder before, and although she was nesting safe and sound in our bed, there was one clap of thunder that sent her straight up into the air and tearing off down the hall in a panic, searching but not finding a place that she thought would keep her safe. For the rest of the morning she just followed me - from the dresser, to the bathroom sink, to the kitchen. It's scary Jane, I know! But kind of fun too. Sorry, she is a bit blurry in the picture below, she kept moving her head to try to listen better for the next rumble. Sweet Jane! You're ok now.

2 comments:

Erika said...

It was so cool, wasn't it? I was on my way to work and when I got there, there was a huge rainbow across the sky. It made me think of Dave's sermon and the beautiful, wonderful, amazing things God has made. All that was missing was rain!

carolyn said...

Oh bless her!