Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tagged

Back in the beginning of August Krista had tagged me - and no I didn't forget, I just am a little slow.

Q: What is your favorite quotable line from a movie?
A:
Harry:
"
What's her last name? I'll look it up."
Lloyd: "You know, I don't really recall. Starts with an S! Let's see. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson?"
Harry: "Maybe it's on the briefcase."
Lloyd: "Oh, yeah! It's right here."
[He reads the manufacturer's name, which is Samsonite]
Lloyd: "Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S, though."

If you don't know what movie this is from, oh man.

Q: Who is the most famous person you’ve talked to?

A: Um, I don't recall ever talking to anyone too famous - the closest I can get is the lead singer from Dogwood. Years ago we were on the same airplane as the band, flying from St. Louis to San Diego. After we all got off I ran after them through the Jetway and when I finally caught up with them, completely out of breath, I had magically forgotten whatever clever introduction I had rehearsed for in my head to say for the four hours I sat there burning holes in the back of their heads. What a complete retard.

Q: How many bags/boxes of potato chips are consumed at your house per month?
A: Maybe like a half - I don't eat any form of potato chip, but since I am married to The White Boy Salsa King, we do eat a lot of tortilla chips.

Q:What foreign food dish do you prepare from scratch and serve?

A: We make tons of foreign food from scratch. I am not a big fan of cooking with processed food at all. I won't even buy canned chicken because I would rather cook it and season it myself. One of my favorites I make from scratch is a
Emeril Lagasse Fettuccine Alfredo that I make my own sauce for, complete with heavy cream and shallots. Another favorite is Szechwan Beef, of which I also completely make the sauce myself.

Q: What is your favorite section of the supermarket?
A: That would be the beverage aisle. Beverages are my luxury. Good-for-you juices and fizzy bottled lemonades. Love 'em!


Q: What was your high school team’s mascot and what were the school colors?
A: Panther, Red, Black and White.

Ok, now I need to tag someone.
Heather C! and Big Dino! You guys are it!


On another Note I finished The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls late last night. What a memorable memoir that was. Growing up with such selfish parents was an incredible feat for Ms. Walls and I would highly recommend reading her story. After I finished the book I read part of an interview online that someone had done with her and she described that she believed that every person had an "age" that they could attribute their lifelong behavior and demeanor as most like. She thought her mother's lifelong behavioral age was at about 4 years old. Looking back at my reading I couldn't agree more, especially when she would do things like sneak bites of candy bars as her children were digging through trash cans at school to find food their only meals. My favorite thing about this book is that it does not leave you with a sense of despair. The whole time as I read I was rooting for the kids and for them to develop strong enough drives to leave their parents and become successful. At the end I was so proud to have been able to share in their lives. Great book.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I am SOOO glad you liked the book. You reviewed it very well.

And you are a great cook. Just needed to tell you that.

Miss you...let's get together soon please!

Celestial said...

Excellent quote!

I to am married to a salsa lover. Now if only I could get him to try the dance version...

(hugs!)