Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ginger Love

Sunday night Billy and I decided it was time to make the gingerbread house kit we had picked up a few weeks ago. It was actually a lot more work than I thought but it was still a blast. And no I did not pump the color saturation up in Photoshop, all those candies really are that freaking bright. I admit. I ate some. When he wasn't looking. Frosting too. The best part was when he was decorating the front door. He put those hearts there - not me, saying "I'm putting hearts above the front door because every house needs to be full of love." Dang. I am such a sucker for sweet talk! But then he mentioned that because we aren't getting a tree this year because of our trip to Texas, we could use that money we would have used for the tree to bake more gingerbread - enough gingerbread to make a village and a forest and decorate that. Um, no.

I haven't been blogging that much in the last few weeks, because I honestly don't have that much to talk about. I have been busy with any and all of my free time crafting - mostly ornaments for Sew Liberated's Holiday Exchange that I signed up for this year. My swap partner is in Ontario, Canada (Hi Karen!) and I am super excited to post what I have been making. I have a lot of sewing to get to as well, for Christmas presents of course. None of my Christmas boxes are down from the garage loft yet, but maybe by Saturday I can get started. I saw Anna Maria's cranberry and popcorn garland on her last post and I am thinking that will totally be on my list of things to do. Ahhh Christmas, you always come upon me so quickly.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I adore it and if Billy is wanting to make more you can just send him our way......the kids would LOVE to help! Hehehehehe! Help??....haha..that would be a site to see:)

Karen said...

Hi Georgia

We're excited here too. Your package went off earlier this week. I am keeping my fingers crossed it gets to you before Christmas. They said a week to 10 days.
I forgot to take pictures before we sent it - oops.
The kids wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.

Hey Lady! said...

I knew Abe was capable of being sweet! My Dad can be very sweet,and I suppose he gets it from him! So nice to hear!