Friday, December 12, 2008

Old Favorites

As a little girl I always enjoyed rediscovering our Christmas ornaments, I guess it's no surprise that I still feel the same. I love that feeling when you find a seasonal ornament that you know will be around for a lifetime. Some of them are just so jolly and special that it makes me wonder if their creators have any idea the memories that they create in the minds of those who joyfully come across them. The skaters were from a Holiday Fair that the Mission near us had every year when I was little. Our next door neighbors, Cal and Sandy were like Grandparents. Sandy would take me every year to the fair at the Mission and we would pick out treats, like these ice skaters and ribbon wands. I always loved the skaters most.

Sunday when we were digging through boxes of ornaments at Billy's parents house I came across these super cute santas! Circa 1983, they were Christmas gifts Billy's preschool teacher made for the kids every year. Little treasures...

2 comments:

Erika said...

I feel the same way. In fact, I forgot about that deer ornament until I opened it up this year and I fell in love with it all over again. It is so much fun and brings back so many memories!

Chelsea said...

Aww too bad Plain Janes is out of business :(

Glad you got a few things to remember it by!!!