Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Start Of Something Good...

It was a hit! The crown I made as an alumni donation to the Vista High School art auction was a success. Several people wanted it, bid on it, and I already have two custom orders to start on.
I was totally happy that the person who won it is someone I don't know. Hopefully I can start something fun here, and maybe make a little profit:) One of the ladies I am making one for next wanted one for her woman's bible study. When each of the woman's birthdays come along she wants to have the crown for the birthday girl to wear, which I am sure will turn into a super fun tradition for them. I thought that was an awesome idea and I am realizing that these crowns are definitely not just for little girls.When I saw my former art teacher there she said "You could seriously go into business with those things. People really like the crown." I said "You know, I have have a mind to!" I definitely do plan to make more of these and put them on etsy, but I am not really sure what to charge for them. I valued the one I made for the auction at $50, but I really just picked a number because I had no clue. I was thinking maybe between $50 and $75? They are handmade and each one is totally unique. What do you think?

8 comments:

Erika said...

Oh my goodness, it takes my breath away. Beautiful. I think at least $75!

It makes Deanna look like a queen!

Hey Lady! said...

Knowing the cost of the materials and the time it takes to make these types of things, $75. And do you have a straight on picture? I feel like I can't quite grasp what it looks like all together.

Modern Crush said...

Thanks ladies, I am hearing $75 from a few more people I have asked too. Unfortunately I don't have a straight on picture of this one, when I finished it and had it picked up it was dark so I asked my sis to take some pics in the morning (since it was then in her possession). She didn't quite get a straight on shot, but she did get some other great shots as you can see here.

The next one I am working on today has been requested to look just like the one on this post, so I will definitely be taking more pics, since I will not be on a time crunch!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!!

Aaron and Katie said...

Like I said.. you are AMAZING!The crown is beautiful!

allisonescalante said...

what type of glue are you using for this?

allisonescalante said...

they are gorgeous!

dinospumoni said...

oh shizzle

what a beautiful model :)

I didnt get the art gene but maybe I got something else? haha

sorry for the bad pics guess I'll try a little harder