Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Paper Vases

One of the decorations that I used outside the front door for the party Sunday were these beautiful hanging paper cone vases. Believe it or not these particular cones were from our wedding three years ago (thanks Mom, I guess sometimes all the stuff you save is for a reason after all!). These would look awesome for anyones party decor and they are seriously a snap to make. Let me explain...

Take a 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper and start curling the bottom end to create a point. This makes more sense when you actually try it than it does me explaining it. Basically you hold the point with one hand and have your fingers twisting the paper on the inside to create a good point. Tack down a couple spots and you are ready for a little plastic party cup or florist cup which you can then load with a piece of florists foam. Then the flowers! You can pour water into the cup you've inserted inside the cone because the water will just stay absorbed within the florists foam.
I had mine hanging from shepherd's hooks with ribbons out along the path to the front door. A lovely and inexpensive decoration which can be reused over and over if you store the cones somewhere safe after you are done. So cute!

4 comments:

Erika said...

They still look so nice, so many years later. Nicole and I were just raving about your wedding decorations and how amazing you are!

Modern Crush said...

You guys are too much. I am just a plain ol' regular girl. Thank you love <3

Aaron and Katie said...

Love it! And noo you aren't a plain jane. You are amazing. I may have to steal this idea too.

Hey Lady! said...

These vases are awesome! But how do you make those accordion-like cycles you put on your crowns? I love those!