Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Little Birdie

This past Sunday I was the grateful host of a baby shower for a little boy and his very sweet and very excited mother. So fun! It was kind of a bird theme, and these nests were left over from a recent baby shower I helped put together - they were the perfect!
Fresh flowers were everywhere. Dude, why can't I have these all the time?? I made this punch - lemon lime soda, strawberry soda, strawberry ice cream and frozen peaches. Um, it was like to die for. My only complaint is that I needed a bigger glass. And a really big straw.
A little something I put together for mommy to take home for baby's room. Notice the mantle? IT'S NEW. More on that later...
So now how many baby showers have I been a part of? TOO MANY. Aww but baby showers are so fun! And baby clothes are just too cute. Anyone want to have a shower at my house? I'm game. I'm a pro by now!

7 comments:

Erika said...

You are awesome. It looks like it was the best! How about a mommy shower at your house:)

amy said...

Thanks for finding my blog! It's a pleasure to discover yours, and now I really need to go locate some of those nests you posted pictures of...

The matryoshka fabric that the little dolls were made from was from http://jcarolinecreative.com.

xAmy

Aaron and Katie said...

You are so sweet! Umm..as many as I have gone to- I have never thrown except I am throwing one in 2 weeks. I LOVE the flag banner- I am totally stealing your idea. And I love the drink. It sounds de-lish!

Hey Lady! said...

Is this "to die for" punch blended? I made punch for a baby shower with lime sherbet and lemon lime soda, not blended just scooped in, it was kinda gooey and super sweet. But maybe it's a baby shower thing, with all the things mom-to-be has to give up, maybe ramping up the sugar is in order...

Vista Gal said...

do! But I'm not having any more babies:(

Vista Gal said...

How about a Grammie shower?
I just love your ideas!

Modern Crush said...

Haha Lady, no the punch wasn't blended - it was just ice cream scooped right in. It was a smidge gooey, but in a good way. I didn't use any ice in the punch but instead let the ice cream melt right in. It was good that way because it really wasn't clumpy but was still cold. The peaches were the best part - peaches soaked in soda and strawberry ice cream? YAY!