Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Is (Almost) Sprung!

I've had a box of some really cute foam pears for quite some time, so this weekend I decided to whip up this sweet little Spring pear garland to go over the mirror in the living room. Only, as I started stringing the beads and pears together and realized that I needed twice as much pears as I actually had to finish the 9 foot garland. Ugh.
To fill in for the lack of pears I made some of these little paper circles to go between, which actually turned out to look way better than a garland of just plain pears and beads. Yay! It was a success after all!
And what craft would be a success without my dear helper? That's right, my left hand woman, my side kick, my compagnon as they say in France. Mary Jane! Move it or lose it sister.

10 comments:

Heart and Hands said...

Love it! Great job. Very creative and original.

Erika said...

It is beautiful! I love it!

Aaron and Katie said...

Amazing!

Erin said...

Oh I love that! Great job! I've been inspired! But since we're coming into autumn in Australia, I would have to go with a different colour scheme. Maybe I can find some cute apples... :-)

Chelsea said...

So fun I love it!!!

Krista said...

You are so talented. It is beautiful! I also of course love that you have a little helper. I have a couple around here too.

Hey Lady! said...

I LOVE those paper circles!!! I wish I was able to think up cute garland like that!

caroline said...

Oh, how cute is that!?!

Vista Gal said...

I want to come to your house to play!

jen said...

cats are always so helpful with craft projects. :)