Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Birthday Gift for Char

Crown1
Saturday I finished another crown, designed for one of my Mom's friends, Char. I love how this one turned out, and she totally loved it too. I am getting really excited about the possibilities for these handmades I have been designing - and I feel like I am getting through a lot of hurdles when it comes to figuring out the best way to do things. And everyone who gets one or sees them absolutely loves what they see.
Crown4
My Mom's friend Char works at a one of the local scrapbook stores here in Vista and we asked if she would consider me bringing a small handful of crowns into the store to sell on consignment. She thought they could, and I am totally excited. Before my mom asked about putting them on consignment, Char asked her if I would want to teach a class at the store on how to make them. I was glad my mom told her that I wanted to sell them rather than teach people how to make them - I don't exactly want to share my whole process! Consignment... we will see what comes of it.
Crown2
So we will see
Crown5
what becomes
Crown3
of Modern Crush.

8 comments:

Erika said...

I am so excited for you! I love it. You are AMAZING! Get those business cards going too!

amy @ switz~art said...

Georgia, your crowns are fantastic! I am with you on the teaching bit...although fun and everything, it's nice to have your "thing" and the consignment deal is perfect! Let me know how this all works out!

amy @ switz~art said...

P.S. Thanks for the comments on the Aster garden tag...I bought the plastic tags at the garden store and used a permanent Sharpie to write away!

I love those metal stamping kits, but too much time! I like instant gratification! LOL!

Vista Gal said...

I am just so in awe of your creative talent.
I LOVE the crowns!!
They are a gem and you should market them.If you teach the class, then the crown looses its magic!
Keep the creative wheels going!

Aaron and Katie said...

fun! I love it!

Modern Crush said...

Thanks everyone, you are such an encouragement!

Kay said...

These are so fab!!! and 'no' don't give your secrets away!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments, I hope you call by again soon!!
xx Kay

Celestial said...

These are so fun and unique.