Friday, May 22, 2009

Long Weekend

Strawberry

Oh Friday, I love you so.

Friday is my favorite day of the week because it holds something no other day of the week holds - an excited anticipation of what the weekend will bring. All my life I have loved the mystery of Friday. Growing up, it was like anything could happen. Anything. Unfortunately as I get older my weekends tend to be mostly predictable, but sometimes it is still fun to wonder. Sometimes I want to take off towards the mountains - and end up in Julian eating pie. Other times I want to drive up the coast and back, just to see what I would find.

This weekend is a lucky long weekend. Summer is coming, I can feel it. Who knows what could happen? I do know I have three whole days to find out.

What about you? What do you have planned this Memorial Day weekend? Whatever you do, have fun <3

2 comments:

Erika said...

I like Fridays too, but I often have to work Saturdays, so it isn't the same, really. I also have to work Monday this coming week, so I get a one day weekend:( But... it's time and a half, so it's ok.

Clarity said...

I too have harkened back to what delights me in childhood - Summer is a truly reflective season and Friday is the best :)