Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Thoughts

FarmersFlowers1
Just a little eye candy here - these lovely blooms were a Farmer's Market find from Saturday. The pinks and yellows just get me in the mood for thinking about summer, don't you think? I am starting to prepare a mental list of my goals for the summer. Billy is done with his school semester and has lots of plans that include growing mass amounts of vegetables. Cooking, crafting, and definitely some sewing are on my list. Billy has been itching for us to bake bread. I have been itching to steal the desk he uses for a nightstand so I can turn it into an organized and official space for crown making. So many little things to think about.

I have finally started using the San Diego County Library's online system for requesting and reserving books, which I think will come in very handy. White Oleander is ready for me... I loved the movie when it came out years ago and am really looking forward to reading the book. I can walk to the library from my house, but I wish I had a bike. Like a teal and white beach cruiser, yeah! I have been seeing this very sweet looking blond girl, probably my age, riding her teal and white cruiser near the movie theater lately, and I am enviously every time I see her. Umm books! I digress. Any Summer reading suggestions? I am totally in the mood<3
FarmersFlowers2

7 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

those flowers are the perfect lead-in to summer '09!

steal the desk. if you do anything, anything at all...steal the desk! LOL!

usually i would have a ton of books to offer, but i am so lost in the world of great books these days. however, i just picked up a copy of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice. i have seen the movie, but never read the book.

Erika said...

Love the flowers!

Books! The library! Crafting! Sewing! Me too!

And, I have a teal mountain bike you can borrow (haha!).

Celestial said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi. I'll make sure to peek around here often :)

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Visual delight!
Books glorious books...
~Lovely weekend to you!

Vista Gal said...

I just went to the library today and brought home 25 lbs of books!!
My eye was caught on:
Artful Journals
Song Without Words; The Photographs and Diaries of Countess Sophi Tolstoy
Dreaming of Tuscany By Barbara Milo Ohrbach
and, Venice for Lovers by Louis Begley.

Hey Lady! said...

I'm not sure I can make suggestions anymore, not after "Dead Until Dark"... I also recently read the "Vampire Diaries" which is a teen book about vampires, sort of similar to "Twilight", though not as good. "Vampire Academy" was recommended to me, though I've not read it.

If you've not read "Pride and Prejudice" you REALLY should, as Amy suggested. It's a fantastic book.

Modern Crush said...

I did like Dead Until Dark after all, the end really won me over. Now I cant wait to read the second!