Wednesday, June 17, 2009

She's All Done

backseat fun
She is done. My baby sister is finally a high school graduate. I have felt her joy and her pain through these past four years, thats for sure. I have done her hair and makeup for the four proms she has attended and been her second wardrobe. She is the baby in our family and it is amazing to have seen her grow up. I was never very fond of high school (except for my art classes), and I know she has had her struggles too, so I am especially relieved to see her graduate and move on. Eight years ago I was there too. Man time flies. Cheers for Deanna!

10 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

Cheers for Deanna! Super awesome!

High school is a struggle...school work, subjects you hate and have to take and add it to the usual and unusual pressures of teenage life.

Oh, I made your "present" and was super unhappy with it, so am completing a re-do today and will hopefully have it in the post by tomorrow. I think there is an air option that will get it to you in a week. Yay!

Modern Crush said...

You are so sweet Amy, thank you so much!! I will be sure to return the kindness<3

Hey Lady! said...

Yay! That's awesome, you are such a sweet sister. I can just feel how close you and Deanna are. That's a unique thing in having a sister, the connection is just different.

amy @ switz~art said...

Oh no! I just checked my e-mail on my BlackBerry - the one with your address - and it's gone!

So sorry, but can you please send to me again?:

amylswitzer@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Erika said...

Happy graduation:) I love the relationship you guys have. I wish I had a sister! XO to you both!

Aaron and Katie said...

Congrats Deanna! I'm so glad I don't have to repeat HS years. Good times are definitely ahead!

Kathy Olson said...

Congrats, Deanna! And yeah for big sisters! I wish I had one.

Celestial said...

Great picture!

I'm quite happy to be past high school. It's rather nice that I still remember the good times and seem to have forgotten a good chunk of the bad.

Clarity said...

That's a sweet post and an amusing picture! Will follow on the blog link and check it out. Good sisters carry the hopes and worries of one another. Very touching.

Clarity said...

I forgot to ask, that recipe for the white chocolate muffins - please post :)