Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tea Time with The Big Dino

Saturday we had a surprise tea party for my sister Deanna, commonly known as, 'Dino', or more formally 'The Big Dino.' This tea party, in honor of her upcoming high school graduation, was my mom's idea and I think it was one of the best party ideas she has come up with yet. The only people invited were those that we felt has had a significant influence on my sister's life. Everyone was asked to come prepared with something to read about their connection with my sister and to share with everyone about their history.
We had some delicious tea, homemade white chocolate scones, lemon squares and fruit, but nothing was as sweet as the words spoken by a table of ladies. Hearing words of encouragement and love about my sister kept us on the verge of tears the whole time and the stories they all shared were absolutely priceless. My mom was even able to collect letters from women who weren't able to come or that don't live nearby. If you are looking for a way to honor a woman dear to you, this was awesome.
She is the coolest girl and I am so glad we had the chance to honor her graduation in a unique way. 
P.S. Dino - thanks for being such a good sport about the whole surprise thing - even though you don't dig surprises so much. Heh. <3

6 comments:

Celestial said...

What a sweet and memorable event.

amy @ switz~art said...

Just awesome! Your mum did a fab job!

Your sister and you look a lot alike! Gorgeous!

Hey Lady! said...

That's awesome, and Deanna has grown into such a beautiful lady! I'm so happy the party went so well, and my hat is off to your mother for coming up with a great idea.

Kathy Olson said...

What a beautiful afternoon! I am privileged to have been a part of it. God bless!

Clarity said...

Such a lovely gift. I think to have such an event in your lifetime is precious. You and your mom are lovely and I'm sure your sister appreciates this. Beautiful photographs too.

Chelsea said...

What a great idea. That sounds like such a wonderful time! I miss you guys :(