Thursday, July 30, 2009

Numero Uno

CrownBox1
The heat has broken here for the last couple days, and I am finally feeling like I am sleeping better - and that dull headache I had for a week feels like it is finally subsiding (for now). I was getting sick last week, but I beat it. I swear its the mind tricks I play on myself. Maybe that's why I get sick once every few years. Mind tricks! Billy swore I had the swine flu. I knew I didn't but you never can be too careful with that thing.

On my birthday I checked my email and there waiting for me was a notice for my very first crown sale on etsy. Nice birthday gift huh! So I emailed the lucky buyer asking which letter of the alphabet she would like to appear on the side, and she said it didn't matter. That she was a professional photographer and she was going to use the crown in a photo shoot. Well I just fell over. What a blessing! I can't wait to see what that will look like, and I will hopefully post the pictures here too. So today her crown is in the mail up to Northern California...
CrownBox2

8 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

that is absolutely terrific! so happy for you!!! and on your birthday...and your crown is in a photo shoot...how perfect is that!

see, you're gonna be a star!
congrats!

Erika said...

That is the coolest! I am so excited for you and hope it's the first of many!!!

Swine flu...haha!

Vista Gal said...

How wonderful!
I can't wait to see your next creation!

Celestial said...

The packaging is so sweet. And what a perfect way to store the crown so that it doesn't get damaged.

Wonder if you'll get to see the finished photo. How great would that be?

Modern Crush said...

Thank you my dears! I still have a long way to go with the packaging - big plans, but little time and modest funds... but eventually! xo

Hey Lady! said...

So cute! I'm excited to see it in the shoot! Congratulations!

Clarity said...

That is such a compliment and I can already see it paired wih a simple dress, a modern day reconstuced Marie Antoinette, perhaps on a throne with a sidelong glance.

By the way your bike gift is so special and well thought of.

Melissa A. said...

Congratulations! Happy Birthday to you. Your crowns are definately worth it and I can't wait to see the photos.