Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Off to the Land of French Princesses

Wand3p2
So I came up with this design for a magic wand from a piece of wood, some paper mache and patterned paper. This idea had just been in my head for a while, so I finally made a group of them and was mostly excited about how they came out. I definitely have some changes to make, mostly in the area of cutting down the time it takes to make each one. I mean, they are hand-made but I really cant see more than a $30 price tag on these, so I have to make it worth my time. Each wood handle is hand-wrapped with ribbon and the entire star is modge-podged for strength. My goal was to make them strong enough to be tortured by someone's little "princess" (heh). I put some of them up on etsy about a week or two ago and I was amazed at the interest in these. Yesterday I sold the first one - (wahoo!). I switched out the 'L' for an 'M' and have it all packaged up to send far far away... to France. For a little girl named named Manon, who's birthday is coming up. Combien doux est ce?
WandCone

7 comments:

Erika said...

Wow, I am so happy for you Georgia! May it be the first of many. I have to be very careful over here that no one uses Tegan's to play "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" because it sure is a good bopper:) They are gorgeous and Manon is going to be in heaven!

amy @ switz~art said...

You are amazing! Great idea and will be a perfect combo with your fantastic crowns!

Fabulous!

Celestial said...

What a wonderful compliment to the crowns. They look so lovely and feminine.

Melissa A. said...

These are cute too. Just as cute as your crowns. I will have to keep them in mind for my niece's birthday in January.

Vista Gal said...

Bon!

Aaron and Katie said...

Can I be like Georgia when I grow up?

urban craft said...

these are perfect of the princess in all of us!