Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Swapalicious

So back in June I (as well as a couple friends) signed up to do a swap from someone's blog. Basically you get randomly paired with another participant and you mail each other at least three of your favorite things. It sounded like so much fun to me so I was all excited until my partner stopped answering my emails, rendering me partnerless. I was disappointed, but hey, I'm obviously still alive. Erika (who did the swap with great success!) suggested we do our own swap. So we are right here!
SwapTest
We are inviting you to participate in our very own swap! Here is all you need to do: email me (Georgia) at amoderncrush(at)gmail(dot)com with...
{1} your name 
{2} your mailing address
{3} your email address
{4} your blog address
{5} a line or two about yourself and your hobbies
{6} whether or not you would be willing to send internationally

I will randomly pair you up with a partner and then you will gather and send your new friend at least three of your favorite things (can be more if you are feeling generous!) These favorite things can be purchased or handmade, old or new, and they do not have to be extravagant (good examples are things like your favorite tea, a favorite novel, something you love in your kitchen, something handmade, your favorite candies). Get creative!

So, if you would like to participate, email me by the end of the day, Friday, August 14th. We will have a postmark deadline to mail out each other's packages by two Fridays from then, August 28th.

I will make sure everyone has someone to swap with. No one will go swapless this time! Tell your blogging friends, this swap is open to anyone who would like to commit to join in! Don't be intimidated, get out your favorite notebook and start jotting down basic ideas. You just might be surprised by how creative you get!

Sound good to you? Sounds like fun to me:)

14 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

Wheee! So excited! I'll e-mail you my info!

One question: can i borrow your "facourite things" logo for my blog to hype it up? Let me know, amigo!

Modern Crush said...

Absolutely! Anyone can borrow the logo for their blogs - its 400px wide and 175px tall if anyone needs to know. Fun!

amy @ switz~art said...

you rock! thank you!


and it appears that i need to proof read my comments...facourite = favourite! hahaha!

Tisra said...

Erika was telling me about this. Sounds so fun. Must be honest with myself about whether or not I can pull this off in the near future and then I'll sign up. :-)

(and, yes, I have the same feelings about Rim of the WOrld- I was soooooo queasy after driving that way! Could you IMAGINE going to school there?! I told Eric how scary it must be to be a local- knowing all those teen drivers are on that insane road!)

Hey Lady! said...

I'm confused... So, we're sending this other blogger our own favorite things? Or their favorite things?

Modern Crush said...

We are sending each other 3 of our own favorite things - you don't have to send the stuff you own, but new ones of the the 3 you pick. Like, don't send someone your favorite used lip gloss, send them a new one! lol... but things can be vintage too, they don't have to be new or store bought. You pick at least 3 of your favorite things, and send those things to your partner.

Erika said...

Yay! I can't wait!!

Renee said...

Sounds like fun!

Vista Gal said...

Yes,Yes, Yes!! I'm in!

Natalie Jane said...

Kelly just told me that we are going to be partners for her swap. I had a great package ready for my partner, but her package was really lame, so I sent her a small package and saved the first one I put together. If a swap with me is too much for you since you started this swap, let me know.

Deanna said...

What a fun idea! Off to email you now!

Do you live in Rim of the World? I am just below it, near Oak Glen!

dani said...

Sounds fun! I'm in!!

Tisra said...

I'm no longer a hold out- count me in! I sent you an e-mail- let me know if you need anything more.

Brenda said...

Swap meet ˆI am interested in joining Amy @swit-art is my cousin. Hopefully she can give me the help that I need. Brenda Leclercq 52@gmail. com