Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summerhouse Present

You know when you get older you don't really like to ask for certain things for your birthday. You kinda hope that whoever it is will just know
Summerhouse3
If you are lucky you have a friend that really knows you. Someone who remembers the conversations between the two of you.
Summerhouse2
Erika is one of those people who knows all about that. She made me this Summerhouse pillow from Alicia's design. Some of these fabrics really have patiently watched the years go by, just waiting to be chosen for something special. We have talked about these pillows, about making them, how lovely they are... but it was just talk until she showed up with this in her arms. It is beautiful and reminds me of Summer and tea, ice cream and memories of long afternoons lounging in bed with the windows open.
Summerhouse1
I think I am going to have to make more of these...

9 comments:

Hey Lady! said...

That is so sweet! And the pillow is beautiful! Great job Erika!

Erika said...

I am so glad you liked it! It's sister should be coming sometime soon....

Celestial said...

So pretty. I love Alicia's simple design. I'm not a calico print person, but it's still so sweet looking that I would nap with it in my arms instead of under my head.

Elizabeth said...

Nice choice of fabrics indeed! Very sunny and summery.

amy @ switz~art said...

great work, erika! it's perfect!
it's amazing when you have that friendship...i am very lucky to have it also...

happy weekend!

Madeline said...

Wow I love these!! I love vintage reproductions!!

Renee said...

What a great gift to get!!

Tisra said...

Oh Erika! I was wondering who the lucky recipient was going to be. Georgia, you are love no doubt. It's GORGEOUS.

Varenia said...

Lovely pillow! Those fabrics are gorgeous together!