Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cry Me A River

Today is one of those days where all you can do is ask why. I woke up with tense muscles from drinking too much soda before I hopped in bed last night. It was too early but I couldn’t sleep anymore. I have a zit on my chin that is not getting any larger but is not getting any smaller. It just needs to do something already. My pinky toe is throbbing because I ripped off my toenail a couple nights ago. I realized halfway though the workday today that I had my undies on inside out. Flies were buzzing around me at lunch time - they would not get the hint. My stomach is being pesky again today - it just doesn’t feel right. By now I'm sure you are rolling your eyes and saying 'Cheer up Charlie' under your breath.

But then a funny note from my husband, and a sweet call from my sister helped to remind me that life is not about these little snafus. So I just took a big breath of air and thought a minute about what I am blessed to have. All this stuff really doesn't matter, and at times you just have to laugh it off (especially when you found you have put your undies on inside out, heh).

10 comments:

Erika said...

I always notice half way through the day my undies are inside out. I have been trying to make an effort to make sure they are the right way when I fold the laundry just to avoid that.

Sorry you were having a rough day. I am glad you were able to see through it and help make it into a better day<3

Pamela said...

Man, Georgia......I'm so sorry that you went through all of this. I guess that the good news is that since you took care of all the rough stuff in one day, you should be good for a while right?

I have to ask.....how did you rip your toenail off? Ouch!

Eli's Lids said...

Perspective!
Maybe your preggers. I always feel like I'm falling apart and blessed at the same time when I'm preggers.
Just visiting OC blogs to let locals know about our giveaway for a free family photo shoot http://elislids.blogspot.com/2009/09/5-monkey-moon-photo-session.html

Modern Crush said...

Thanks ladies, it was an interesting day for sure:) Pam, I am not really sure I remember how I ripped it off. I think it just tore off, good thing it is only like 2 centimeters tall to begin with:) XO!

Celestial said...

Sorry it was a down day for you.

Just keep going and don't let anything get you down.
C

Suz Broughton said...

Yep, you should make that into a bumper sticker :)
Glad you were able to pull out of your slump. Being well-love can do that for you

Hey Lady! said...

Days like this need to happen so we'll appreciate the good days, right? Sucks while you're going though it though, its like Winston Churchill once said "If you're going through hell, keep going!"

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such articles. I like to read blogs like that. BTW add some pics :)