Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hoop-la

I have been m.i.a. this last week, sorry friends! This last week was one of those weeks where you are always on the move and you do all that you can to even catch your breath. This last week I have been putting together my favorite things swap package for my new awesome friend Jamie, and had been waiting patiently for the last item for the package to arrive in the mail... wood embroidery hoops. They finally came yesterday and I whipped these up last night in about 15 minutes. This project is awesome! Covering embroidery hoops in fabric is one of my favorite projects I have done yet. I originally saw the idea over at Purl a few years ago, but I'm sure the concept has been around for ages. I have a large cluster of hoops like these in my hallway at home, and every time I walk past them I think of how much fun they were to make!

So for my swap partner Jamie, I decided to make a cluster of really tiny ones, 3 inches, 4 inches and 5 inches. Her favorite color is bright blue, so I thought these would be perfect or her.
Hoops
I listed an additional set in my etsy store, and I think I will definitely be making more of these petite little trios in all different colors. They would make the perfect little gift for a friend or sister, are small enough to fit anywhere and bring a bit of whimsy to the home. Some Christmas ones would be so cute! Holly, winter scenes, red baroques, ice skaters, snowy villages... ok enough, it is only the first of September! And it's still bloody hot... but it is never a bad thing to think ahead:)
HoopStack
<3

6 comments:

Erika said...

They are beautiful! I need to get my act together and get those hoops! I need them in my house! She is going to LOVE them!

Madeline said...

What a great idea! I would have never thought to use them as wall hangings! I love it!

Krista said...

Those are awesome! I love your fabric choice. Man you are GOOOOOD!

Laura Bray said...

We're planning on putting our house on the market in January and will move to Carlsbad-NOT looking forward to moving, packing! The fact that you are blogging at all is amazing! I've always loved that hoop idea..

P.S. I have to admit that I love the smell of Halloween-thanks for reminding me!

Laura Bray said...

We're planning on putting our house on the market in January and will move to Carlsbad-NOT looking forward to moving, packing! The fact that you are blogging at all is amazing! I've always loved that hoop idea..

P.S. I have to admit that I love the smell of Halloween-thanks for reminding me!

Vanessa said...

Hey! I am one of your swap partners for Shop, Blog, and Swap. Thought I'd say hi! Love these hoops. . . very cute idea! I've thought of doing something like this but never got around to it. I look forward to our swap. Guess I need to get to work ;)