Monday, October 19, 2009

Pour le Maisonnette {Crown #1}

AutumnCrownA
I have not mentioned it here yet, but the sweet sweet ladies over at a shop near me, Maisonnette, have graciously agreed to feature a handful of my crowns in their shop, on commission. My first store! Yeee! This weekend I finished off three beauties to bring over to them, and I would have to say these three will be hard for me to part with.
AutumnCrownD
But alas, they need to find good homes! These special occasion crowns are meant to be worn and loved by others, not hoarded on a shelf be myself. So this particular crown here is the first of three that I will post about over the next few days. This lovely one here reminds me of Autumn, Thanksgiving, spices and chocolate.
AutumnCrownB
I played around for the first time with lace doilies, and I love the asymmetrical placement that found itself right on the front. It was so pretty I couldn't dare cover it up with anything! I tried a few new techniques for this one - the leaves were one in particular that I was pleased with. You can't see it in the pictures but the edges of said leaves have a tiny band of silver creeping off the sides.
AutumnCrownC
I still have to finish up some of the items I need for displaying them too - covered button center pillows for them to rest on, a pendant banner I have in mind displaying "Modern Crush" and a few other decoration goodies. So many fun things to make, and so little time! xo

11 comments:

amy @ switz~art said...

I can SO see why you did not want to part with these beautiful creations! You rock, girl!

Modern Crush said...

Thank you Amy dear! XO

Laura Bray said...

Beautiful creations! Congrats on your first shoppe. You'll be taking over the world before we know it!

erika said...

Gorgeous! I love the leaves. Can't wait to see the others.

Pamela said...

Congratulations Georgia! This is only the beginning...

Celestial said...

Oh! This is so sweet. I love the brown/white/blue combo. And the asymmetrical doily is perfect!

Madeline said...

Gasp! soooo excited.....!!! I love these colors!

Aaron and Katie said...

I love it!

Hey Lady! said...

That is gorgeous! I love the addition of the music paper, and the colors are unexpected and really look great together!

The Peek Family said...

I love this one! Great job on all of them. You are very creative.

www.whiteowl.etsy.com said...

Just gorgeous creations!!