Monday, November 2, 2009

All Hallows Eve

Halloween14A
Halloween is a magical day. Growing up I could hardly contain my excitement. Was is the candy? The costumes? Perhaps it was the excitement of trompsing through the neighborhood, veiled and expectant. Whatever it was it was mysterious, full of wonder and good fun. Now that I am too old for trick-or-treating, I must find my haunts elsewhere. This year we spent All Hallows Eve at our friends house, Josh and Nicole. We decided we were going to prepare a Thanksgiving feast, in honor of Halloween. It was an occasion! Just before the sun set, we decided to give our patient pumpkins some faces...

I present to you our pumpkin carving quartet: The Krew. Heh.
Halloween15
So lets carve right in, shall we, muawhahaha!
Halloween5
Faces were drawn...
Halloween3
Tops were trimmed...
Halloween2
I was the photographer so I just helped husband a little with the scooping the seeds part -
Halloween4
And promptly started to eat them...
Halloween12
Under the full moon, the sun was starting to set...
Halloween1
We were making excellent progress on these Jack-o-Lantern faces.
Halloween6
Alas! Billy has finished his, and it was a success!
Halloween11
Nicole's was perfect - Mr. Jack Skellington would have been pleased. Sorry Josh, I didn't get a good picture of yours.
Halloween8
The pumpkins there, make me shiver, spike my hair, it must be Halloween.
Halloween7
And a spooky site it was, all those glowing faces waiting for children, themselves veiled and expectant, just like I was when I was their age.
Halloween9
I hope you all had a very fun eve, we enjoyed our Thanksgiving feast, and what a feast it was.
Halloween10
Until next year Halloween, I will be dreaming of you once more...

6 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

Awesome!

erika said...

Nice pumpkins! And I heart the kitty ears!

Melissa A. said...

What fun idea to have a Thanksgiving feast on halloween.

Madeline said...

looks like you had lots of fun!!

Hey Lady! said...

That's awesome! That definitely beats our night of watching scantily clad waitresses serve drunken bar patrons at "Fowlers"!

Pamela said...

What a fun night! I like the idea of a feast for Halloween! Why should Thanksgiving be only once a year? Did you make the kitty ears that you were wearing? So cute!!!