Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon

NewMoonTicket
The midnight premier. Four of us out of the eight got there at 9:15pm. There had been people in line since 10am. I so did not expect to see the mass amount of people there so early. Each theater room had it's own designated line - there was no switching to be had. I wore my "Team Edward" button proudly. Homemade and storebought shirts abounded, some donning hooded red capes, mimicking the Italian spectators celebrating St. Marcus day - the fictional day that vampires were supposedly rid from Volterra. Almost three hours early - it went fast.

The movie? Oh you want to hear about that:) New Moon was amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, people. It followed the book so much more closely than the first. Seeing as how New Moon was my least favorite book out of the four, I knew I would have to sit though a lot of "Team Jacob" swoons - and I was right. As luck would have it, the (mostly girls) in my theater were a large majority 'Team Jacob" fans, or so it seemed by all the screams and whistles. I am not a fan of Jacob, in fact during the book I wanted him to just disappear. So I relished the scenes with Edward, whose appearance in New Moon was naturally fairly brief.

I want to see it again, it was that good. And going at midnight is an experience all in it's own - there were a lot of interesting, er... fans there. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The end. Ohhh the end. At the end, after the last few words spoken by Edward and Bella, my entire theater erupted in anguished screams of "NO!!!!!" It ended so well, yet left you so pleasantly disappointed about not seeing what was going to happen next. I guess we will just have to wait, until June 30th, the Eclipse premier...

4 comments:

cupcake studio said...

What a review!!! Thanks so much...can't wait to go!

Madeline said...

All I can say is that movie was MORE than amazing... I feel horrible from only getting a few hours of sleep but would I do it again?? IN A HEART BEAT!

Aaron and Katie said...

Fun! Maybe one day I'll see it.

Hey Lady! said...

Awesome! I have said it before, BUT when you get a chance, read New Moon again, Jacob really is not the villain he's made out to be. I felt like you felt the first time I read it, but changed my mind on future readings. The poor kid get a bad rap. PLUS Taylor Lautner does SUCH a great job as Jacob.