Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Candy Day

CandyDay1
Saturday - it was the day for candy making! Billy loves to bake, and lucky for him, so do I. Melting chocolate is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen. Whenever I melt chocolate I always have thoughts of the beginning of the original Willy Wonka movie, remember all that chocolate flowing?! While I dipped pretzels and oreos Billy made English toffee. I swear sometimes that everything that boy touches turns to gold - he really has a gift.
CandyDay4
But the best thing about Christmas baking,
CandyDay5
Is thinking about who with get all the treats.
CandyDay7
All of it was made with love,
CandyDay3
And all is delicious to boot.
CandyDay2
This is Christmas week friends, I hope you are having fun with your families. It has really occurred to me - we don't get to go back in time, it is a blessing to be able to spend time with others while we can. I am feeling extra thankful lately, hope you are too.

xo

6 comments:

erika said...

They are so pretty! Too pretty to eat!! How fun for you guys:) It's a good family tradition.

Elizabeth said...

Yum yum :) I'm doing the same over here, and will post my treats soon. I had so much fun making them....and melting chocolate!!

Celestial said...

Mmh, now I'm hungry.

Chocolate is really fun to melt! I've never done it on the stove before this Christmas. And of course I'll be thinking of Willy Wonka next time I do.

Madeline said...

wow! everything looks so beautiful!! I hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas!

Pamela said...

This looks divine! I hope that you're Christmas is wonderful!

Hey Lady! said...

Looks delicious! I love Christmas with all it's wonderful food and traditions! I miss you and love you SO much!