Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Solstice

PaperStar
Happy Winter solstice! It is finally winter, even though it has felt like it long before today.
These paper stars were a gift to me from a sweet family in Canada that I did a Christmas swap with last year. Their tradition is to hang them in the windows on the first day of winter - a Scandinavian tradition if I recall. Each was handmade from their family to mine, and I will make it a tradition of ours now, for years to come.
PaperStar2
Hope your weekend was merry and bright...

xo

3 comments:

Celestial said...

What a fun idea. I've never heard of this before

erika said...

I love that idea and I love that it is winter!

Hey Lady! said...

Those are awesome! I found those snow flakes you and I made at Barnes and Noble last year when I got out my Christmas decorations, as well as the Christmas poem from a few years ago, I put it up in my dining room.