Tuesday, December 15, 2009

With Silver Lanes Aglow...

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go..."
LooksLikeChristmas3
"Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again, with candy canes and silver lanes aglow."
LooksLikeChristmas2
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, toys in every store..."
LooksLikeChristmas1
"But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be, on your own front door."
LooksLikeChristmas4
That Johnny Mathis song is one of my favorite Christmas songs. Goes perfect with all the Christmas lovelies! I have most everything up so far, just some garlands and other Christmas knickknackery are left to put up. And I need to find some mistletoe...

Tell me please, what are some of your decorating traditions?

xo

6 comments:

Celestial said...

I really didn't grow up with many traditions. We just weren't like that. But I have to admit that I was always jealous of my friends who did have family traditions.

Hubby's family ALWAYS decorates their tree the day after Thanksgiving. And here are some of their traditions

*Playing the Disney Christmas tape (or CD if we find one)
*Drinking apple cider with red hots in the bottom of the mug
*Opening presents Christmas Eve
*Opening stockings Christmas morning

Modern Crush said...

Celeste - these are awesome. I have never heard of red hots at the bottom of cider! Very interesting - I have another friend who opens gifts Christmas eve - I never knew a lot of people did that. I LOVE the Disney Christmases.., xo!

amy @ switz~art said...

your photos are glorious!!
i am wishing you all the best for a fantastic holiday season, lovely Georgia!

Elizabeth said...

I love that song too :) my favorite decorating part would have to be the tree, and getting out all the old ornaments out that we have collected through out the years. My daughter and I have quite a chuckle at some of the homely ones, we start to feel badly for them and put them up some where that isn't too noticeable. It's all part of the fun I think.

Happy Holidays!

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What's Happening im new on here. I stumbled upon this forum I have found It incredibly accessible and its helped me loads. I hope to give something back & help other people like its helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Later