Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday Boy

BirthdayCupcake
It is raining today, the soft sound of the rain on the roof is just so relaxing. Probably one of my favorite sounds ever. Rain has a way of reminding me of being washed clean, how the old things in the past get cleansed and don't matter anymore. Unequalable and refreshing.

My husband turns 29 today. It is a fantastic feeling to love someone, and to look upon times of the past and know that you love them even more now. I love us together so much now, and I am so looking forward to us in the future. Farming, babies, cooking, family - enjoying life and serving the Lord. And who knows, maybe another cat! (kidding, sort of).

So, happy birthday Billy! You are best I've ever met, love.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Nice looking cupcake! Happy b day to your sweetie :) I'm loving the rain up in the Bay Area right now :)

Pamela said...

This is a sweet post, and man that cupcake looks good!

Hey Lady! said...

Happy Birthday Billy! I hope you both had a great day! I love, love you both SO much and I miss you terribly.


And that cupcake is beautiful! Red velvet?

erika said...

Did you make that or is it a Starbucks special? Is it red velvet? Yum! Hope you were able to do something fun together yesterday! Sunday was awesome!

Modern Crush said...

Yes! Red velvet - and they were a delicious Starbucks special indeed! We went to get hot wings and to see a movie last night, yeah!

Celestial said...

Rain, red velvet cupcakes, the man you love - doesn't get much better than that. Happy Birthday Billy!

Growing up in Seattle I learned to love rain. But it doesn't feel the same out here in MN. Still can't figure out exactly why.

Colleen said...

aw, this is such a sweet post. hope you both had a wonderful time! xo