Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday Feast

BillysBdayCollage2
Sunday was the feast for Billy's birthday. So much food, and so many friends! It rained, and we were one big cozy house of stories and laughing and of course one amazing dinner.

On our menu:
{smoked brisket, smoked ribs, smoked chicken, and smoked sausage}
{the Woodson caesar with homemade croutons, I aint tellin!}
{bbq'd corn with the husks on}
{homemade macaroni and cheese}
{southwest black bean salad}
{picnic beans}
{homemade garlic bread - my specialty}
{roasted potatoes piled with cheese, sour cream, bacon and green onions}
{homemade mango salsa}

Everything was delectable, and I think our friends agreed we need to do it again. The feast was glorious! The best part though - was the company we shared. The house was filled with about 20 friends and family members and that was most important. What good would a table full of food do for just a few people? It was so cozy and warm inside, I couldn't help but feel overly thankful for all that we had when I sat to eat and watch the rain fall outside. And a wonderful birthday feast it was!

5 comments:

erika said...

It truly was delicious and the company was wonderful:)

Melissa Y. Allam said...

Looks like a wonderful feast. Thank you for your response on my post about praying. Sometimes I wonder about leaving posts like that, but I just felt the need to write it out. I guess if I didn't I wouldn't know that you are a believer too. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, they meant alot to me. Wonderful to know that we are sisters in Christ!

amy @ switz~art said...

oh. my. word. what a spread, chicky! looks like a great time was had by all! happy birthday, billy!

Melissa Y. Allam said...

Definately, you should put your crowns in the handmade olympics. It didn't come to my mind right away, but I'm going to put in a nomination for you too. They definately inspire loveliness.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. BTW, try to add some images :).