Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jonah

JonahsCone
I feel as though I am slowly awakening from my hibernation den. I took the week of between Christmas and New Years and pretty much shut the power off to life, if you know what I mean. No crafting, no work, just my husband, some great cooking and baking, lots of movies and naps. I needed it.

One exciting thing (wink) that happened over the break is that our buddy Jonah appeared one morning with a gash across his cheek. Apparently a few days before we had discovered him sitting under the Christmas tree with this bloody cheek, he got into a fight and was bit by another cat in the face. An absess formed and burst, it was great. In the end, he got to have surgery on his face and has had to take a slew of medications. If you have been reading my blog for a while you may remember the same exact thing happening to our Mary Jane. Jane was injured crawling under a fence, which we fixed. Jonah is a big cat, and there are lots of other cats in our community that come around. I guess there is really not a whole lot we can do about that except keep him in more.

He is healing, and we will just have to call this a bump in the road. We love our kitties too much to not care for them. Jonah, I love you!

5 comments:

cupcake studio said...

Aww. Bless his heart :)

amy @ switz~art said...

Poor Jonah! Mary Jane is probably looking at that cone and thinking "I've had that stinkin' thing around my neck before!". Heal fast, Mr. Jonah!

And Happy New Year, my favourite Georgia!

Elizabeth said...

Aww I hope your poor gatito heals, and gets well soon. You always want to give them some freedom out side, but then you just never know what they get up to do you!!

I feel the same way about disconnecting for a bit, but I'm back at it and the fog is lifting :)

Celestial said...

Oh! I hope Jonah takes his meds well and behaves himself while wearing the cone (I will forever think of "the cone of shame" now) and doesn't give you too much hassle.

Vista Gal said...

Poor baby boy....