Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Scones

WhiteChocolateScones
So this week I was totally sick. I haven't been sick in over two years, and for those of you that get sick ever few months due to kids or a bad immune system, I don't know how you cope. I slept for hours and hours Wednesday, and I think even just taking that one day to really rest made a huge difference. It was one of those where the body aches are so bad, your clothes hurt you. So to celebrate making it through the week, and mostly feeling better I made a couple batches of scones this morning. A batch of white chocolate chip and a batch of blueberry with lemon zest.
SconeRack
I have a pretty good recipe for these buttermilk scones, but I feel like they are lacking something taste-wise. Like, they taste delicious, but they don't have that punch at the end. Does anyone else have a recipe that they think is a winner? I think I will play around with a few and then report back with the best one. They are one of my favorite things to make though, and I love that you can put almost anything in them. When strawberries are in season you bet I will be making strawberry scones!
BlueberryScones
Be back soon - I have lots more to post about. And a Valentine's Day giveaway too!

xo

6 comments:

erika said...

Yum! I want to eat them! I don't think I have ever made them from scratch, but I have had some with dried cherries in it and they were awesome!

Suz Broughton said...

I was sick this last week too :P Hope you are feeling better.
These scones look wonderful. Wish I had one right now...

Hey Lady! said...

I have a great recipe for scones, but I'm not sure if it's got that "punch you described. I'll email it to you. My best recommendation, some of those strawberry jams you can buy at Cost Plus or TJ Maxx.

jen said...

sorry you have been sick and i'm glad you are feeling better!

i'm not an expert on scones and have only made them once. made some currants?

Elizabeth said...

Scones.........YUMMY!

About the bed. I told my husband that he was a very good sport for letting me indulge my girlie bed room wish, and he told me this...I just pretend that I'm visiting you in your boudoir ;) He is a good sport though I must say.

Tisra said...

Joy of Cooking is my go-to recipe book. I never have recipes fail from that thing. Ever. The scone recipes they have are adaptable [there is a cream scone recipe, and a drop scone recipe, and a regular recipe that uses butter and cream (my favorite)]. "Punch" could be achieved with minced crystallized ginger? More zest? Butter and the proper amount of salt always enhance flavor. :-) Ooooh... and a nice touch is the large crystals of sugar sprinkled on the top before baking. You know the ones I mean?