Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chocolate & Daffodils

Daffodil
It's warm, shorts today.
The air smells sweet, but maybe it's just the lemon pie I can't get out of my head.
Kitty slept in between us last night, head poking out from under the covers.
Our daffodils have bloomed.
The yard is so cheery with them.
I cannot stop thinking about chocolate.
Eat some, but it doesn't satisfy.
I am very much looking forward to Spring.
And to get rid of this Winter funk.
Nothing some chocolate can't cure...
Or some homemade soup, I suppose...

9 comments:

Pamela said...

I thought that I was the only one with chocolate constantly on the brain! Nice to know that this may be normal. :)

amy @ switz~art said...

Your daffodils have bloomed?! Le sigh...
I cannot wait for spring! Winter bites, dude!

And chocolate...I can't get enough either! Nom, nom, nom!

Melissa A. @ Design Delights said...

Me too. I just bought a little daffodil plant for the house. Funny, I've been thinking about lemon pie too, ever since I saw some in the store the other day.

erika said...

I LOVE the daffodils. One of my favorite flowers. Thanks for sharing yours with us<3

Hey Lady! said...

Awww! So pretty! I LOVE California in the Spring. It's 40 degrees here, not Spring like at all. But at least it's sunny today!

Vista Gal said...

One of my favorites!
Ask Erika about my free giveaway.

Aaron and Katie said...

Shorts day? Today is a day that we could build a short snowman. It's sunny though.

The Dreaming Bear said...

Greetings from Iowa! Your blog is so delightful! I'm so jealous that you are wearing shorts and seeing daffodils already! Good for you!

Celestial said...

Awe daffodils. The hearty flower that grew in our backyard year after year because the previous owner left them there. Also the theme of the yearly parade that would traverse through several cities ending in the town I grew up in. Watching parade float after float all covered in daffodils. Amazingly enough I can still remember the scent.

It's still winter here in MN. But this week the highs should be above 32 degrees. I'll take what I can get!