Monday, March 1, 2010

After The Rain {A Delight}

AfterRain3
Warm, but you still know it's brisk.
Silver, but you are the wiser, the drops are clear.
Wet, but with the sunlight it's just a matter of time.
AfterRain2
The ground loves it. The worms are in heaven. Webs sparkle, birdies coo.
AfterRain1
Leaves stand on end, they're drunk with the sun. If plants could sing, I bet they would. Those kitties lap water caught in the leaves - they are delighted. Everything seems happy, after the rain. Gentle, generous, fresh, unselfishly wipes the slate clean - that rain.

xo

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

beautiful shots and Spring fresh looking!!

Pamela said...

I love this post Georgia. I can feel your description of the rain on my cheeks :)

Modern Crush said...

Thanks Elizabeth and Pam - I have been feeling creative with words lately:)

amy @ switz~art said...

This post is so beautiful!
I need to move to Cali...stat!!

Celestial said...

You're not helping my cabin fever!

Beautiful post.

jen said...

kittie!

i like your poem-y posts. :)