Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bonjour! {Sweet Invitations}

BonjourB
I am 26, and I have 0 kids. I am 26 and have been to about 25 baby showers so far. Maybe more. I have also hosted/co-hosted 7 or 8 of them. If you have ever thrown a shower, you know that is a fair amount. All that said, I have designed a handful of baby shower invitations over the last number of years, and this one is my hands down favorite.

My best friend Erika is having her third in June, it's a girl. When racking my brain for themes and decor ideas, a modern French theme came to me, and it was just too perfect. Just picture: red and white stripes, lots of of p√Ętisseries, bubbly sweet beverages, garlands, and of course, flowers. I won't tell you too much YET about what I have going on, but I am excited about just about every detail that is going into this one, and will definitely be sharing the highlights here. I can't spoil everything ahead of time though, since I don't want a certain someone who reads this blog to know all the details (that means you Erika).
BonjourB1

xo

12 comments:

Chelsea said...

Georgia I LOVE it!! You amaze me :) I cannot WAIT to see all that you come up with for this one...Erika sure is lucky!

jen said...

oh my gosh, did you draw this kitty? i love it! i love everything, colors and so forth! you can't go wrong with a frenchy theme IMHO. how lucky to have you planning this party. :)

Modern Crush said...

Yes! I drew the cat :) She is very sweet! And I dressed her myself...haha

erika said...

I am soooo excited and I LOVE the invitations. I can't wait to see all your amazing ideas for the shower. It is going to be the best!

Elizabeth said...

Love baby showers!! What a cute theme, and I can't wait to see all that unfolds with your theme.

Madeline said...

That is seriously the cutest baby shower card I have EVER SEEN!!! The shower sounds like a fairy tale!!

Vista Gal said...

Georgia, so perfect, so special!
I am so happy that Erika has you in her life.
Can't wait for La petite jeune fille, and the surprise of the wonderful day of the shower!

Celestial said...

Oh I love it! Such a nice change from the standard balloons and baby animals. Such a talent sweetie!

Aaron and Katie said...

I love it.. bytheway when is that 0 going to turn into 1? he he

TXAshtons said...

I love it! Well done. And yay for Shane and Erika!

Chelsea Hansen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! great decision on the theme! it's going to be quite the baby shower :)

Hey Lady! said...

Congrats to Erika and Shane!

I have been to two baby showers and am 31. TWO. One I threw a couple of years ago and the other I went to last year. None of my friends have babies, many are not even married!