Saturday, July 3, 2010

Solvang! In the Summer!

SolvangSoldiers1
SolvangSoldiers2
SolvangSoldiers3
On our way back home from San Luis Obispo we stopped in the little Dutch town, Solvang. I have visited Solvang before, and it was just as charming as ever. One thing about Solvang, it is HOT there this time of year, the Central Valley of California has no mercy. Of course I had to visit my favorite store there - Jule Hus. Everything is Christmas inside Jule Hus, and a large majority being Scandinavian, which I love.
SolvangJuleHaus
SolvangOrnaments
Whenever I travel I try to bring home a special Christmas ornament to remember the trip by. That way my Christmas tree is filled with memories of trips and people, and not just stuff from the shelves of my overpicked Target. Finding an ornament in Solvang is easy, because they have the Jule Hus! My ornament picks this year - a hand painted matryoshka egg and a bundle of sweet little forest mushrooms. These will make a very sweet contribution to my Christmas tree full of memories, when I look at them I will always think of my brother's graduation and the fun I had with my husband and sister driving up the coast of California to see him.

2 comments:

Celestial said...

Love the tin soldier pictures. Someday I'll get back to Solvang again. It's already been over 20 years since I've been there.

Chelsea said...

I was there when I was about 10 I think, and have a few pictures almost identical to these with my cousin :). I remember it being cute, but don't remember it well enough! I would love to go back. Love the ornaments!