Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn Equinox

Swan Neck Gourds
Just wanted to pop in an wish you a happy first day of Autumn... I've been excited for this day to come, and now it is here. This morning as I drove to work I was dreaming about pumpkin pie and mulling spices. You know that feeling you get in the evening when the mulling spices are on the stove, and the whole house smells of it? It's wonderful. Out at our little farm we planted pumpkins and gourds early in the summer. We have a ton of pumpkins so far - Howdens (the best for Jack-o-Lanterns) and a few Cinderellas. And the gourds! We have swan neck gourds, just like these. When I get my camera lens (I will have enough saved by next week!), I will definitely take some shots of these beauties.

Enjoy your day, do something to celebrate! Even if it is small. The changing of the seasons is a very exciting occasion.

xo

5 comments:

Aaron and Katie said...

The change of seasons is very exciting. Today, for the first time in a long time it is raining.. I plan on making soup for dinner.. a first since last winter.

Chelsea said...

Soup is also one of the things I go straight to with the transition into Fall. What are you doing today to celebrate Georgia?

Elizabeth said...

I love those little swan neck squash. My daughter's boyfriend brought some over and I loved having them in my kitchen for decoration.
Love Cinderella pumpkins too, and I hope you take some nice photos of those :)

Hey Lady! said...

Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year, I love the sunny weather and lower temperatures, the leaves changing colors and the prospect of the holidays around the corner. I already have my Halloween decorations out and ready to go up, just as soon as Oct. 1st rolls around. Very exciting!

Elizabeth said...

I know what you mean about the fall clothing! I bought this really pretty leather jacket at Banana Republic, and some cool new seaters from Anthropologie, and there they sit!
I'm getting pumpkins this weekend at my beloved Berkeley Bowl :)