Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seasons

IMG_7932
Pumpkin patch picture: 2010. I love the tradition we have of taking a picture every year when we are there. I have a picture on my fridge still of us at the patch, probably in 2005 or so, and it amazes me how different I look. My clothes, my hair...

There is a patch of sun over my window right now, kind of painfully bright, if you know what I mean. It's a nice welcome though, since it has been so stormy here. Looking at the sky I can see very dark clouds in the distance. It won't be long...

We got up at 6:30 this morning to head out to put together our CSA boxes. I had to slough a host of cats off my legs to get out of bed. They were disappointed to lose the warmth. I think Autumn skipped town, cuz winter seems to have already arrived. This year will forever be known as the year that we got shafted out of summer. And now maybe Fall too! I remember when I was in high school, we had an El Niño year. It was SO wet, and I can remember just being perpetually soaked at school. I will never forget it, nor will I forget the way the weather has been this year.

Hope you are staying warm,
xo

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aww, what a cute picture of you guys :) That is a cool thing to do, and compare them through out the years. I recently saw this post on a blog, about a family that took head shots on the same day every year. First the husband and wife, then the kids came, and they were all in black and white. This family did this for 30 years, and you can see it all laid out, kind of like a mosaic of their lives.

here is the site.

http://zonezero.com/magazine/essays/diegotime/time.html

Celestial said...

Such a cute couple! It is really amazing to see time pass in photos. Wishing you some warm weather and sorry to hear that the warm/dry spell of weather we brought to the OR coast this last weekend didn't make it down your way.

Chelsea said...

I remember that El Niño year! This is a weird, confused year isn't it? I love that you guys have the Bates tradition, and everytime I hear the name I instantly think of your wedding. It was probably just as cold...but at least when you were picking pumpkins you were able to bundle up! :) It will be so special to have the yearly photo to look back on someday...to say the changes and think about what was going on in your life at that particular time!

erika said...

Cute! I think you should post the other pictures too so we can see your transformation:)

Erin said...

What a lovely photo! I wish my husband and I had a photo tradition like that. Same place, same time, every year. That would be great to look back over the years. We get one special Christmas ornament each year that represents something special we did through the year, but that's it. I am with you on the weird weather. I'm in the southern hemisphere and we seem to have skipped straight from winter to summer. No real spring here. Sigh.