Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Thanks

TurkeyDay2010F
TurkeyDay2010CTurkeyDay2010G
TurkeyDay2010E
TurkeyDay2010D
TurkeyDay2010A
Hope your Thanksgiving was as tasty as mine. I love it when everyone has a really good time. It makes me feel like all the effort and stress has gone to good. I started my morning with hot chocolate, a bowl of yams and a peeler, and the Macy's parade. I am so thankful for so many things, the list would be a mile long.

What is it about sweet potatoes that makes you want more and more? Mine had toasted pecans and maple syrup. Did anyone see that in the November issue of Martha? It was calling to me, and while I would make it again with a few changes, it was delightful. So were the green beans with shallots and mushrooms in greek yogurt... also from Martha. The best!

Hope your Holiday was fine...

xo

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those sound like such good recipes, and I didn't even see them in my copy, as in, I looked through the copy once I think and didn't go through it again.
I love Thanksgiving and had big plans to have a rather cozy one. My MIL came, and I lost focus and it all left me rather sad. My turkey turned out yummy though :)

Pamela said...

Love this pictures Georgia! It makes me want to go back in time and have Thanksgiving all over again!! Thanks for posting them and keep up the beautiful work!

Celestial said...

Oh now I'm craving sweet potato fries. And it's not even 9am yet!

If you're ever out this direction I'm taking you to Edina Grill for some.

Modern Crush said...

Celeste,
I tried making some the other night with my mandolyn. They didnt bake well! I will have to experiment...