Monday, December 20, 2010

More Ormaments! {Christmas Treasures}

CanterburyE
A rainy Saturday drive with friends brought us to a magical place near us. Canterbury Gardens is a seasonal store and must be appointed by Santa himself, as I am sure he would genuinely approve. Whoever thought of decorating trees with shiny objects was a genius - not only are they fantastic to gaze at, but some of those pieces are really expensive. This second thought is dangerous for me, but when you come to a store like this, and you love Christmas ornaments like me, you have to set limits.
CanterburyD
CanterburyB
CanterburyC
CanterburyA
So after considering said limits I narrowed it down to these three pieces: Hollow glass and a glittered Victorian image. It was a wonderful outing to get me into the Christmas spirit, and with the addition of the blustery weather it actually felt like Christmas, and not like July. Just about every ornament on my tree has a special meaning. Some were purchased with the company of good friends, others while traveling, and some were gifts. Like little snapshots of time, hanging right there on a real live tree that sits in my living room.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow! Everything in that store looks so majestic! The ornaments that you chose are beautiful! I can't wait until you take pictures of your tree!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

i love stores like this, especially ones with pretty, sparkly and colorful victorian ornaments and things!

happy holidays, dear! stay dry and smoosh the kitties :D

Elizabeth said...

This reminds me so much of this place : http://www.orchardnursery.com/

It is a magical nursery, that will make even the non gardener swoon!

looks like you had a fun day picking out ornaments :)