Friday, December 17, 2010

Shiny Bright

IMG_4029
I came across this blog a month or so ago, and was instantly in love with what I saw. If I close my eyes really tight I can faintly see an image of my mothers Christmas ornament boxes, where young eyes could peer right into the window pane cellophane lids and see all that shiny glass nestled in a nest of tissue, handled so many times all that tissue paper had turned soft as a hankie. All that we would hang on our tree was magic. Many of the ornaments that make up these wreathes look so much the same. And I love them.
IMG_4140
IMG_4145
IMG_4026[1]
IMG_4143
It's raining. The sound of the water dripping from the eves is glorious! I am looking forward to an outing tomorrow to this Christmas store we have nearby with some of my girlfriends. Should I find any treasures I will certainly share them with you...

xo

6 comments:

Vista Gal said...

So lovely!
The colors are soft pastels and glimmering!
i hope that you found many beautiful items to adorn your home this hoiday!
Check out my tinsel trees! Reminesent of an era past.
Meyyr Christmas!XXOO

erika said...

Oh my goodness! They are gorgeous! I love them. Can't wait for tomorrow:)

Elizabeth said...

Oh how I love those Shinny Bright ornaments! Even the name Shinny Bright makes me happy :)

Celestial said...

Beautiful!

You're getting rain and I think we have more snow in the forecast.

Aaron and Katie said...

Gorgeous!! No rain.. no snow.. just yellow, dead, grass.

Chelsea said...

I love these, soo pretty!!!