Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winter Quiet

QuietWinterG
QuietWinterE
QuietWinterH
QuietWinterB
QuietWinterA
QuietWinterf
QuietWinterD
QuietWinterC
After days of rain and cloudy skies and dreaming about hibernating in a cozy den like Mr. & Mrs. Beaver, it has let up. I thought I'd be jazzed but truth be told I can see the threatening rain clouds rolling in from my window and I am glad. I guess rain and I are friends. The quiet mornings are like no other with the sound of rain on the roof. Little pleasures, taken advantage of in quiet times - is a soothing start to our newly acquainted Winter season.

Enjoy little times like these - when the house is dim as rainclouds block the sun, the bed is left unmade, and you can start to hear the kettle whistle. A sincerely glorious season!

xo

3 comments:

Celestial said...

Mornings that are quiet enough to hear the rain...

After living near Seattle for so many years it's amazing how comforting it is to me to hear the rain. Between living next to a very busy street, working 9-5, and being in a town home with neighbors on all but one side that rain can be hard to hear.

But when I can hear it - it's so amazingly comforting and soothing. I feel like a plant getting a refreshing drink and ready to grow a little more.

I think I'll dream of rain tonight...

Karin Grow said...

I couldn't agree more. Love waking up to rain and a cat or two sleeping on my feet.
Thanks for the soup recipe. It looks so good and I definitely want to give it a go. I'll let you know how it turns out. Take care, Karin

Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas

Beautiful images, especially the gatito (kitty)