Friday, February 4, 2011

New Day, New House, New Book

MCatMagnoliaX

Blah.

So, we moved. Successfully. Everything I own is now in my new bedroom and in a 10 x 20 storage room. EVERYTHING that I fit into a 1,000 sq ft house is in there. Except for the refrigerator and the chest freezer and our beach cruisers - they are still outside. The 3 amigo cats are getting used to their new surroundings, and are adapting better each day. I can't seem to sleep peacefully though. You know when you're on vacation and you wake up and think "this is not my room, is this a hotel?" Yeah, I've got a bit of that going on. I need to just relax, I keep telling myself that anyway. I am really happy about the move, I am no so happy that my closet is in disarray. You know, it's the little things that get you!

Do you follow Orangette by Molly Wizenberg? You should. I bought The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham, and have been pouring into it, dreaming about the possibilities, but am the sort that gets excited about the prospect of eggs and hand made food anyway. While some bemoan cooking, I'd rather say yes please, I want to learn that. Wouldn't it be wonderful to never be the one at a gathering where folks wonder who brought that dish, cuz it wasn't good. I am all for the painlessly simple, don't get me wrong, but it needs to be tasty!

I have a lot of things to share but I am going to need to get my surroundings in order first.

Love to you,
<3

3 comments:

Hey Lady! said...

I'm glad you're all moved in! I hear you about feeling like stuff just isn't "settled". It always leads to a feeling of instability and disarray. I wish I could come over and help you get it all organized and find a place for everything!

I wish you lots of luck and love. You're in my prayers for sure!

Celestial said...

Dearest, just remember that it's temporary and has the possibility of being cozy. My closet, computer and kitchen are some of the first things that I try to get unpacked and organized in a new place. One of my friends is the same with with the kitchen. If she helps anyone move she won't leave until she's helped unpack the kitchen. So wonderful.

Darcy said...

i know the feeling of being weirded out by new digs. and the kitties are always so wacky!