Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thinking

Petals In Water
Absent. It's what I've been. But I've been working on things I promise!

Do you ever feel like you have such a hard time organizing your day? I am really struggling with it right now. I would never classify myself as someone who is a perpetual time waster but the days seem to just slip right on by. Making a list helps sometimes... any suggestions?

I have some new goodies to share with you and a contest too - very fun. More soon.

My sister Deanna and I went to see Water For Elephants yesterday. We both just read the book and decided to see the movie together and it really was very good. I cannot believe the 10 year age gap between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson - crazy! She looked amazing! I have decided that reading a book before watching the movie it's adapted from is totally the way for me. Watching movies before reading their original books can be such a letdown - you know?

Lastly, I wanted to ask if anyone has anything on their summer reading list yet. I've got the entire Anne of Green Gables series on my list as well as The Virgin Suicides on recommendation of my friend Lauren of Fox and Finch. Then I will watch the movie...

Hope you're fine,
xo

4 comments:

erika said...

I want to see the movie now. I should reread the book. Also, it is Anne with an E as you will see when you read the book:) I absolutely LOVE those books. They are wonderful. You should also add the Harry Potter series. It is awesome.

Celestial said...

Books, books...hrm. Just finished reading Stardust, really sweet book. I had watched the movie first, but still really enjoyed the read.

If you're into dracula type stories The Historian is really good. It's a tome though. The first half is the slower more confusing of the piece. Once I got going on the 2nd half I couldn't put it down.

To-Do list. I tend to write things down on post-its and tape them to a wall in a grid. Then once I've done something I pull it down. It's a great visual reminder to do something, and a good sense of accomplishment for me when the group begins to get sparse.

Hey Lady! said...

The book club is reading "I am Number Four" and there is a movie that goes with it, it's a quick and easy read.

I also recommend "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Truman Capote, it's only 111 pages and really a fantastic story. I'm sure you can get it at the library. And of course, it's a movie.

The days slipping away, I TOTALLY hear you. It's a problem for me too. A notebook with to-do lists helps, but really I'm liking Celestial's suggestion, with the post-its. Sounds interesting!

Enjoy your week and a half of having the house to yourselves. Sounds awesome!

Elizabeth said...

My days are very similar. I can't seem to fit in enough of things I need to do for my little shop. Life just keeps getting in the way, darn it!
I'm reading Water for Elephants right now at breakneck speed, so I can see the movie.