Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Battle of the Fairies >> Fairy Festival!

FairyFestivalAd
I looked at my calendar the other day and realized that the Fairy Festival at the San Diego Botanic Garden is this Saturday. Oops. I need to start looking at my calendar more often. I am really excited to sell again at this year's festival for a few reasons, one of them being the host of fun new fabrics I have been collecting for wands. Etsy is a fantastic place to shop for things, wouldn't you say? Some of these prints are just not in stores. I think Etsy must have been created by God himself. I kid.
CutFabricC
If you have a little girl, or niece, or granddaughter and live in the San Diego area you would totally enjoy the Fairy Festival. Just about every little girl comes dressed in wings and tights which is just about the cutest thing. The look on the faces is sheer joy and it is downright entertaining to watch their insatiable lust for just about every thing they see. Icecream? Definitely. Fairy wand? Why not. Useless trinkets? Of course. WHY DO YOU EVEN ASK. Give me 50 more. By the end of the day a handful turn fussy, or just grow silent with exhaustion, dragging their wands in the dirt as their tried mothers wheel them along in little sister's stroller. But there is a fairy queen, a parade, games and crafts, and all for the price of the garden admission. It is so worth it :)
CutFabricB
My arsenal this year includes wands, headbands, fairy bell rings, toadstool treasure chests (these deserve a post on their own), and perhaps a new crown design I have been working on.
CutFabricA
Ok, so that's it for now, I seriously have to get back to work on this stuff. I just charged my iPod and have a fresh cup of tea so I am ready for battle.

xo

4 comments:

Aaron and Katie said...

I can't wait to see it all!!!

Elizabeth said...

That event sounds super fun!! Hope you sell lots :)

Celestial said...

Hope the fair went well and that you had perfect weather!

Karin Grow said...

Oh my....where did you get the kitty/yarn fabric? Do you know the maker? I absolutely love it!