Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hands

SGWHoopA
SGWHoopB
I've been in love with laurel wreaths lately. I want to draw them or paint them or stitch them all over the place. This little hoop was done for my mother in law's birthday. She loved it and I am glad because I almost didn't finish it to give it to her. I started doubting her reaction to it but Billy thought it was lovely so I kept stitching. And wouldn't you know! I love how it turned out. I am so not technical when it comes to embroidery, I just freehand penciled this whole scene at record speed. I really should learn to be more methodical! Even so, it was enjoyable and ever satisfying to use my hands.

3 comments:

erika said...

Oh my goodness! It is lovely! You did an amazing job!

Celestial said...

I think the 'delicate rough' touch that often comes with not being Methodical makes items more precious and gives them more character. It's lovely!

Hey Lady! said...

That's amazing! I can't believe you did that freehand. You are so talented! I can see why Suz loved it!


I still have the bow/button you made us for our bouquets at your wedding. I love it! It's so beautifully done.